Our health and happiness ethos:
We have long been of the belief that if you don’t feel in good health then you are not truly happy.
We employ writers and guest authors and undertake research and knowledge-hunting because we have a mission to improve both health and happiness outcomes for our readers.
We are passionate about inspiring nourishing, nutritious food choices.
We aim to deliver health information and lifestyle support for creating balanced hormones, thriving digestion and vibrant energy levels.
We endeavour to empower our readers with the knowledge and skills to take ownership of their health, hormones and happiness. We wish to inspire vitality and vibrancy, energy and confidence.
Our contributing writers to the Natural Health/ Nutrition & Supplements sections of our site are recruited from the naturopathy, nutrition and healthy lifestyle industries.
We look for authors with a strong nurturing nature, rather than a preachy ‘holier than thou’ tone.
Importantly, we look to work with writers who love to listen and learn as much as display their wisdom and expertise.
Your health and happiness outcomes
Our contributors generally lean in to the simple pleasures in life: walking in nature, getting barefoot in the grass and growing their own organic backyard fruit, veg and eggs.
We know that most of our readers share the same interests and aspirations.
Many of us at SmartPlay have had our own personal challenges in our quest for health and happiness, nutrition and fitness.
The more we write about these subjects, the more we discover that our friends and colleagues have also suffered with hormone fluctuations, activity-based injuries, feelings of anxiety, eating disorders, skin breakouts, period problems, mood swings, weight gain and sluggish energy.
It is apparent that people of all ages struggle with the limitations of conventional medicine and increasingly choose a path of holistic medicine education.
We will continue to advise on a holistic approach to diet, lifestyle and supplementation support to improve hormone health and overall well-being.
We hope that we can accompany you on your health journey. Play smart, train smart, eat smart.
Unsure where to start?
If you’re ready to take your digestion, energy and hormone health to the next level, let us show you the way.
- Would you like to stop feeling hungry all the time, improve your energy levels and take control of your nutrition? Then read this article on working with a Nutritionist.
- Concerned at the quality of some of the food advice you’ve read in the past. We had an accredited nutritionist write a passionate post exposing common food myths.
- Understand more about why getting the correct iron intake is vital for a healthy functioning body, particularly for women.
- Did you know that not all starch is created equal? Get to know resistant starch and it may well change the way you think about white rice (and other sources of carbohydrates)
- Learn more about collagen – what it is, why it is important, and how to get more in your diet.
- Why our health and the health of the earth are ultimately intertwined, and why we need to be more aware of the food chain and our role in it.
- Most of us live very hectic schedules and don’t have the time to dedicate long hours each week to planning and cooking delicious, nutritional meals. Read our food hints, tips and hacks for busy people.
- Do you struggle making lifestyle changes stick? Most of us do. We recommend ways of sticking with your commitments and lifestyle resolutions.
- A naturopath gives her thoughts on the real reasons why her clients didn’t lose the weight they intended to.
- Don’t let stress, cravings and poor planning lead to late-night snack raids on the pantry.
- Intuitively, we know exercise, physical movement and cardio is good for us. This article helps us understand why.
- Want to know more about the concept of ‘flow’ in life and in yoga?
- Does vegan collagen actually exist or are we being hoodwinked?
- And what about collagen gummies becoming increasingly common in Australia? Good or bad?
- Have you tried marine collagen? Should you? We run you through it.
- Looking to the future? 2022- Eat Well and Live Better
- Wondering what foods are high in energy? Seeking a natural energy boost? We’ve got you covered.
- Us Aussies are traditionally a nation meat-eaters, but things are changing. There is a growing awareness that consuming a lot of meat isn’t great for our health (and definitely isn’t for that of animals!) and isn’t good for the environment either. Check out our post on Ways to Eat Less Meat.
- And if eating less meat is something you’d like to do, but feel that becoming a vegetarian is a bit too much, perhaps you should consider going flexitarian instead?
- Research is starting to show that our guts, and what we put in them, could be one of the biggest factors for all aspects of our health – from digestive issues right through to our mental state. So learn more on keeping your gut happy, see here.
- So much of taking control of your diet relates to attitude and putting the right structures and expectations around meal times. We look at changing things for the better and Building Healthy Eating Habits.
- Finding the balance between training, eating well and maintaining a social life can be tough. We think we’ve found the formula with the 80/20 rule.
- Worried about getting ill as the colder weather hits? Then see our 5 Tips for Boosting your Immunity this Winter
- Do you know that drinking plenty of water is good for you, but struggle to do it? Our piece on The Importance of Staying Hydrated could be the breakthrough you’ve been looking for.
For food, nutritrion and healthy lifestyle advice we suggest you regularly check out these categories:
For keeping athletic and sports injuries down to a minimum (and managing the inevitable niggles) please navigate to Injury Management & Prevention. Curious whether massage guns are worth it and can help with injury prevention? We give you an honest appraisal.
And if you are a fitness professional, personal trainer or coach, or considering a career in this field, then we recommend checking out the advice available in our Fitness Professionals section.